Edelman Tax LLC, managed by American tax lawyer Les Edelman, provides a wide range of U.S. tax services for Americans overseas.

With degrees in Economics (UC-Berkeley) and Law (UCLA), Mr. Edelman has 25 years of experience in U.S. and international tax law with most of his career specializing in U.S. taxation of Americans abroad and issues such as:

  • Foreign earned income and housing exclusions

  • Foreign tax credits

  • U.S. taxation of foreign investments

  • U.S. tax reporting regarding foreign companies and bank/financial accounts

  • Americans with foreign spouses and family members

Mr. Edelman is an attorney licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas.

Learn more about our services below and review our process. We look forward to serving you!



We offer a wide range of US tax services, including Federal & State tax consulting, Federal & State tax return preparation, and representation before the IRS and State taxing authorities.

Preparation of Tax Returns and Other Tax Forms

  • US individual income tax returns (Form 1040)

  • US nonresident alien income tax returns (Form 1040NR)

  • US corporation and S-corporation tax returns (Form 1120 and 1120S)

  • US partnership tax returns (Form 1065)

  • US trust and estate tax returns (Form 1041)

  • Foreign bank account reports (FBAR, FinCEN Form 114)

  • Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets (Form 8938)

  • Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations (Form 5471)

  • Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships (Form 8865)

  • Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect To Foreign Disregarded Entities (Form 8858)

  • Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure (Form 8833)

  • Initial and Annual Expatriation Statement (Form 8854)

  • Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner (Form W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E)

  • Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN, Form W-7)

  • Application for US Residency Certification (Form 8802)

  • Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN, Form SS-4)

other services

  • US and international tax minimization in accordance with applicable laws

  • Strategic utilization of foreign earned income exclusion and foreign tax credits

  • Filing strategies for US taxpayers with foreign spouses

  • Forming new US companies

  • Advising US taxpayers making foreign investments and non-resident aliens making US investments